Member Service Representative
Siskiyou Central Credit Union is seeking an experienced full time Member Service Representative for our Yreka Branch. Essential functions include opening new accounts, posting deposits, loan payments, processing transfers, withdrawals, check cashing, etc. Ability to cross-sell credit union products and services required and a minimum of one year financial institution experience preferred. The ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and accurately while demonstrating strong member service skills is necessary. Applications and resumes being accepted through January 31,2014, at PO Box 1125 Yreka, Ca. 96097-1125.
All qualified candidates should email their resume to Heather Wagy at: email@example.com.
Purpose: Conducts a variety of accurate financial transactions. Provides a high level of member service by keeping credit union knowledge current, cross–selling members and prospects into credit union products and services. Answers member inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets members with a smile, makes eye contact, calls members by name, offers further assistance, and “thanks for the business”.
- Receives checks and pays out money and examines checks for endorsements within assigned approval limits.
- Obtains approvals as required
- Enters members’ transactions into computer to record transactions in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Maintain a satisfactory balancing record
- Balances currency, coin and checks at the end of a shift within 30 minutes and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer.
- Knows and follows policy and procedures related to job tasks.
- Utilizes procedure manuals as appropriate
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of SCCU products and services.
- Participates in branch and corporate-wide promotions to achieve our Strategic Deposit and Loan Goals.
- Projects a positive image of the credit union by providing quality service to internal and external members.
- Works with all departments to ensure consistent delivery of quality service.
- Provides service to new existing members by opening new share and sub share and share draft “checking” accounts.
- Issuing ATM cards, direct deposit, and ordering checks as applicable.
- Maintains regular attendance.
The incumbent shall work well under pressure; meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The incumbent shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with other team members.
Other duties as assigned